Thursday, June 16, 2011

Final review before it is go time!

I wanted to get peoples opinion on my revised front cover art as well as the back cover before I upload Requiem.  Let me know what you think, good or bad.





Barring any unforeseen catastrophe, book one of The Eternal Gateway series, Requiem, should be uploaded to Amazon's and Barnes and Noble's web site this coming Monday the 20th.  Print versions of the book will take a little longer before they are available.

I finally got my account approved with Lightning Source.  This was an interesting process.  Unlike Amazon or any other web site, Lightning Source's process was extensive.  I started on Monday, so it took 4 days to get my approval emails this morning.

Lightning Source required more than a simple username and password.  I had to have all of my business information, tax exempt numbers, proof of ISBN numbers etc.  The start of the process was fairly simple fill in the blanks, then the process ended.  A day later I received an email with a questionnaire to fill out with an new account rep.  Once that process was approved I had to go back to the online app and fill out several pages of information and I had to talk to the account rep in person at one point.  In the end I had to print out 4 forms, fill them out, and fax them back.

Aside from the better part of a week to get through, it really wasn't all that complicated as long as you had the information they requested and I did.  I can see why so many people go through a middle man service like SmashWords or CreateSpace.  In the end, if this takes off, I predict I will be better off.  By working with the printer directly it cuts out one more middle man leeching off of my hard work and research and I still get the benefit of Ingram's distribution channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment