Thursday, May 26, 2011

Forgot the Teaser

I forgot the teaser part.  The other day I created with movie maker a small trailer video for book 2.  Guardian.  A couple of weekends ago, I was sitting around the deck drinking beer with my parents and we were talking about how my book was coming along.  I told them that I had the prologue written and that was about it.  Because in the early outline an design of this trilogy, I took into account that I wanted them to be made into movies, so we started to brainstorm a bit about what the movie trailer for Guardian would look like.  The idea that I came up with was in a 60 second trailer, the first half was to quote and flash on things from Requiem, then hit on a plot twist before Guardian and spend the rest of the time flashing and dialog from Guardian.

I felt like this would work well because it would remind you of book 1 and prime you for book 2.  Other than a handful of people have read book 1, this trailer wouldn't be very significant for those who haven't read it.  But those who have seen the little clip and read book 1 found it to be very exciting.

I think I will try to create something like this for book one and get it uploaded to generate hype and interest before it gets published.  As far as the one I have now for Guardian.  Don't expect to see it any time soon until it's time to launch. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff! I'm still trying to teach myself how to make effective book trailers.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete